It’s been a while since I’ve posted a menu!
I no longer plan specific meals for specific days. Instead, I make a list of meals and make them all on the weekend at the beginning of the week, or whenever I have time during the week. Most often, I’ll prepare a couple meals at the same time. It’s nice to come home from work and have food already prepared. I’ve even started cooking breakfast foods (several days worth) the night before, because there isn’t much time for cooking in the morning.
We eat from the prepared dishes that are available in the fridge, sometimes eating the same thing each night and sometimes alternating. It feels a bit like having a restaurant, since we have choices. Each week, I usually make one or two soups/stews. They feed for several meals. Lunches are usually leftovers with a salad or a very large salad with meat and corn.
Meals for the Week of March 16:
- pasta with ground sausage, salad
- chili (Lots of veggies!)
- chicken fajitas with onions, bell peppers, and avocado
- beef taco salad and crunchy tacos with lettuce, tomato, etc.
Additional Meals that we might have:
- tilapia with brown rice and broccoli
- chicken fried rice (with leftover rice)
- sausage slices with broccoli, green beans, and corn
Check out orgjunkie.com for more menu ideas!