I recently started making green smoothies in my blender.
A few reasons to make a green smoothie (in a blender):
- I want to get more kale in my diet, but I won’t eat it cooked or in a salad
- Using a blender gets you more fiber than juicing kale
- A blender is easier to clean than a juicer
- 2-3 kale leaves, stemmed (or 2-3 handfuls pre-washed baby kale)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
*If your fruit is not frozen, consider adding ice cubes
I put all of this in my blender and blend until smooth! Note: If you do not have a very powerful blender, chop your kale very finely first!