For all of you busy people out there, when do you get your exercise in?
I’ve decided that the only way I’ll get my exercise in each day is to have a set time.
I’ve thought about first thing in the morning, but I’ve come up with mostly negatives:
- I prefer to sleep in
- The treadmill wakes up the rest of the house
- I would have to blow dry my hair before work, which takes time and also dries it out
- I would have to wake up earlier (Note the desire to sleep in?)
First thing home after work seems to have problems, too:
- I’m usually extremely hungry
- I’d be happy to just climb in bed and collapse as well
Thus, we have the idea of a set time before bed:
- It should be long enough after dinner for the food to have digested
- I’ll be able to take a shower at night and not have to worry about it in the morning, thus getting the opportunity to sleep in a bit later
- It’s an excuse to watch a movie on the TV (while I’m on the treadmill)
- It’s an excuse to continue to watch the movie as I stretch and possibly move on to sit-ups after jogging/stretching
- It might make me tired enough to sleep well
Thus, I will attempt to have a set time for jogging each evening. We’ll see how it will work out.