On a whim, I decided to go to Grad School at a university about 30 miles from where I live. On a Thursday, I received an e-mail asking if I wanted to apply. There was a grant to encourage teachers to get their Master’s degrees and also become master math teachers. Since the grant would pay for tuition and books, I applied that day. The next week, I was accepted into the program, and I began class exactly one week after I applied. Talk about moving quickly!
Today (Saturday), I’ve been doing things around the house during breaks from homework. I never thought doing dishes could be something I’d actually WANT to do.
This morning, I’ve:
- gone for a walk/jog
- mailed some items at the post office
- spent two hours in an online chat room with my professor and classmates in order to clarify this week’s assignments
- made a loaf of bread (picture below)
- cleaned almost every dirty dish in the house
- cooked a giant omelette and chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast
- completed one homework assignment (several to go)
- started work on another assignment
- made lunch
- started cooking chicken for some potato soup for dinner